This kit contains three plugins for Modo 901. These all create pop-ups allowing you to create items, add items to the schematic, apply a material, or select a channel.
- Download the kit: Modo Popups (v 1.0.4)
- Extract it to either your Kits, Configs, or Scripts directories
- Restart Modo
- While hovering over a Schematic view, press Alt+f1 to display a searchable pop-up list of all the item types available in Modo.
- Type to narrow the search results, or use the up/down arrow keys to make a selection.
- Press Return or click an item to create it.
- While hovering over a Schematic view, press Tab to display the same searchable pop-up list.
- As above, make your selection either by typing or by navigating to it in the list.
- In addition to creating the item, it will also be added to the current workspace in the schematic.
- Adds a new command to Modo called ‘popup.getItem’ which takes a single argument: ‘global|schematic’
- ‘popup.getItem global’ is mapped to Alt+f1
- ‘popup.getItem schematic’ is mapped to Tab, but only for Schematic views
- The list of items is derived procedurally at startup by parsing all the configs imported by Modo, looking for item type definitions. Certain arcane items will throw errors when created.
- Press Alt+M to display a searchable pop-up listing all the current material tags in the scene.
- Type to narrow the results, or make your selection via the up-down arrow keys or the left mouse button.
- Pressing Return or clicking on a material in the list will apply that material to the selected item or faces.
- If the list is empty (i.e. the search result came up blank), a new material will be created and assigned.
- Adds a command called ‘popup.getMaterial’ which is mapped to ‘Alt+M’.
- Press Alt+I to display a searchable pop-up listing all the channels of the currently selected item.
- Make your selection.
- Press Return to select the target channel.
- Adds a command called ‘popup.selectChannel’ mapped to Alt+I