CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org (615) 870-9456
SHOW REEL 2015
- Yellowday (IMDb)- Lighting and shading on all characters, props, and sets. I was also the main set artist, responsible for the majority of the exteriors, and portions of the interior. Softimage, Speedtree, ZBrush, Redshift
- Sesame Street: “Smart Cookies” – Final city layout, lighting for both day and night scenarios, final shading on truck. Softimage, Redshift
- Sesame Street: “Game of Chairs” – All environment and chair modeling/shading, and lighting on all shots. Softimage, Redshift
- Five For Fighting: “What If” – All lighting, shading and final textures. Mari, Softimage, Redshift
- Xbox One – All lighting and shading. Softimage, Redshift
- Hamsters in the House – Set modeling and shading, lighting on all shots. Softimage, Redshift
- Chick-Fil-A: “50 Years” – All lighting and shading. Softimage, Redshift
- V.I. Princess – Set modeling, all lighting and shading. Softimage, Redshift
- Dell FX Architecture (Flexblocks) – Model prep and clean-up, shading, and lighting. Softimage, Redshift
- Dell Ravage – Model prep and clean-up, shading, and lighting. Softimage, Redshift
- Dell XPS – Model prep and clean-up, shading, and lighting. Softimage, Mental Ray
- Dell Adamo – Robotic arms modeling. Modo
- Veggie Tales: Shoebox – All lighting and shading. Softimage, Redshift
- Personal Work – All stages* (some assets from Quixel Megascans). Softimage, Speedtree, Redshift
In addition to being one of the Shotgun admins for our site, I’ve created several Python-based production tools which are in use daily at Magnetic Dreams. These tools handle a variety of tasks for several departments, such as project creation, shot setup, animation caching, asset loading, animation preview tools, asset publication and versioning, comp propagation, custom Shotgun commands, workflow tools, etc.
Résumé/CV available on LinkedIn.
Photography examples available on Smugmug.
“Tim is a dedicated and passionate artist. It’s been a pleasure to work with someone who gets so much intrinsic satisfaction from meeting a challenge and developing his talents. Humble and the first to point out his own flaws…he’s sometimes misunderstood 😉 The best thing I can say about Tim, is that if I had an animation company I’d do what I could to hire him. He’s the 20% that does 80% of the work.”
– Steve Alley, formerly at Blur Studio
“Tim is a treat to work with. He is not afraid to put in hours when a project demands it but more than that Tim has a passion about automation. He is constantly creating new scripts and tools to turn 20 clicks into 2 and then implementing that tool to his department for others. What is most impressive about this is how quickly he has picked up this skill and how quickly he creates the tools he does. We need more of this on our team. In my judgement Tim will succeed here and wherever his opportunities lead. He is thoughtful in the workplace, nice to work with (not all artists are). Tim formerly lived in Japan but politely refused to wear the “I’m huge in Japan” T-shirt. ”
– Paul Campbell, formerly at ILM
“I’ve worked with Tim Crowson for nearly ten years on dozens of different projects. I have always loved and been amazed at his attention to detail, technical knowledge, and logical approach to problem-solving. He has a relentless pursuit of quality that truly elevates his work. He’s always professional, great to work with, and extremely creative. Oh yeah, and he speaks French.”
– Mark Cowart, Executive Producer, Relentless, Inc.